>I agree that in Shorewall's case, security is more important than
>performance. But performance is still important, especially to those
>whose Shorewall-based firewalls require several minutes to restart.

I hate to see a good horse put down, so I love to "repurpose" old
hardware.  Everyday I use my 486 for the same things it has done for 15
years.  So I agree performance IS important, and security is MORE
important.  I just don't want to see a good security solution
abandoned.  We need security in depth.  And that includes a strong
external firewall like LEAF/Shorewall.

Paul Rogers  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/