Hi Erich,

Erich Titl wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> I have defined a number of links in my buildtool.cfg file, like
>
> <File>
>       Filename        = usr/lib/cups
>       Type            = link
>       Target          = data/cups/usr/lib/cups                       </File>
>

> Which suggests that the target directories get created in the .lrp file.
That is correct. I'm not quite sure anymore why I put that in (I wrote
that code 4 years ago...). Possibly, that's not actually required , but
I can't guarantee that there aren't any configs that rely on this behavior.

> Is there a way to avoid the creation of the target directories and just
> cresate the link?
Yup, simply comment out (put a "#" at the beginning of the line) line
541 in buildpacket.pl
But as I said, I don't know if that would break something - if you test
it with the packages in CVS and nothing bad happens, I'll gladly commit
the change to CVS.

> Also I observed that the symbolic links are created relatively, e.g.
>
> luna > ls -l usr/lib/cups
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 mega users 28 2007-10-25 13:36 usr/lib/cups ->
> ../../data/cups/usr/lib/cups
>
> even if I prepend the target with a slash, which is not a problem within
> LEAF, but may not be the desired behaviour.
No, that's "working as designed". If you want absolute links, comment
out lines 546 to 549 in buildpacket.pl (but again, I don't know if that
will break something).

I hope that helps

Martin