Hi Eric

Eric Spakman wrote:
> Hi Erich,
>
> I understand your proposal, but it doesn't work reliable. The reason is
> that other packages explicitly include specific files in those
> directories. Adding a rule in etc.local to include all files could confuse
> the backup logic.

I can understand this, although scheduling a file/directory twice for
backup should definitely _not_ confuse the backup logic. What if someone
erroneously places something in local.local which is already backed up
by a specific package.local. Will this confuse the backup logic? If so,
then I consider this a bug, as adding anything in local.local is
legitimate :-(

Of course I could not resist to test this, and added etc/network to
local.local, here is the result

gatekeeper# tar tzf /CF/gatekeep.lrp | grep network
etc/network/handle_routes
etc/network/if-down.d/del_routes
etc/network/if-up.d/add_routes
etc/network/interfaces
etc/network/routes

This actully looks pretty OK to me, modifying etc.local accordingly yields

gatekeeper# tar tzf /CF/gatekeep.lrp | grep network
etc/network/handle_routes
etc/network/if-down.d/del_routes
etc/network/if-up.d/add_routes
etc/network/interfaces
etc/network/routes

and having it in both files

gatekeeper# tar tzf /CF/gatekeep.lrp | grep network
etc/network/handle_routes
etc/network/if-down.d/del_routes
etc/network/if-up.d/add_routes
etc/network/interfaces
etc/network/routes

So apparently with a pretty recent config package the proposed change
does not break functionality.

> A better way is to include those files in local.local (local.lrp), that's
> where that package is meant for. Or to have a specific package with the
> added files and a .local file.

That is the way I do it right now, my local.local file is constantly
growing though.

cheers

Erich