Hi Eric

Eric Spakman wrote:
> Hi Erich,

> The "problem" is that the sha1sums are calculated multiple times, it
> should work but gives some overhead and is not very clean.

I see, the sha1sum files appear to be claculated on the contents of
<package>.list, not on <package>.local, which holds files and
directories to be backed up. So this should not hurt, or does it?

The config
> system is designed to explicitly list files you want to backup and only
> use directories if you are sure only a specific package uses it. See also
> the following document: http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/buci-apkg3.html
>
>>> A better way is to include those files in local.local (local.lrp),
>>> that's where that package is meant for. Or to have a specific package
>>> with the added files and a .local file.
>> That is the way I do it right now, my local.local file is constantly
>> growing though.
>>
> Or just add the etc/network to local.local

Which would also break the above mentioned principles :-)
It also contains stuff not yet packaged for logrotate.d, e.t.c

cheers

Erich