Hi Erich,

>> The "problem" is that the sha1sums are calculated multiple times, it
>> should work but gives some overhead and is not very clean.
>
> I see, the sha1sum files appear to be claculated on the contents of
> <package>.list, not on <package>.local, which holds files and
> directories to be backed up. So this should not hurt, or does it?

I don't understand your question. This is the logic used to calculate the
sha1sums (this is part of the package install logic in linuxrc):

#Calculate sha1sum
if [ -f $PFX/$f.local ] ; then
    cat $PFX/$f.local | while read x ; do
        [ -e "$x" ] && find "$x" -type f | xargs sha1sum >> $PFX/$f.sha1
    done
fi

So <package>.local is used, not <package>.list

> The config
>
>> system is designed to explicitly list files you want to backup and only
>>  use directories if you are sure only a specific package uses it. See
>> also the following document:
>> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/buci-apkg3.html

>>> That is the way I do it right now, my local.local file is constantly
>>> growing though.
>>>
>> Or just add the etc/network to local.local
>>

> Which would also break the above mentioned principles :-)

True, but at least it's your responsibility ;-))

> It also contains stuff not yet packaged for logrotate.d, e.t.c
>

> cheers
>
> Erich

Cheers,

Eric