Hi Andrew;

You've done an oustanding job; thx very much!

I've just updated my machine to ubuntu 11.10 and the pb's I've had (and
reported) are gone - it's possible to build the packages again on the
host, without the need for an older VM guest, very convenient.

I'm currently in the process to release rc1 for 4.1.1, so not much time
and cpu ressources to help you yet...

My roadmap for Bering-uClibc is to have a release of 4.1.1 early next
month and a 4.2 version with a reviewed kernel (see trac ticket #46)
early next year.

But hopefully enough time to build and test BuC next during that changes.

Am 26.11.2011 18:37, schrieb Andrew:
> Hi all.
> I almost finished packages revision; it seems to be built OK except
> gnupg (I just didn't ported it), dhcpd (I spent much time for it but I
> can't force it to be built), libecap (it is needed somewhere?), and I
> commented some packages that are unneeded/obsolete.

gnupg is needed, if we add signed packages, so no pb yet, libecap can
used if we want to enhance squid, but today it is not used.

> Now it should be built OK, and I need help in testing - for broken
> dependencies, new bugs and so on, to be sure that new toolchain is
> working OK.

Does tools/buildall.sh work today?
The last time I tried it failed, cause it did not find a the buildenv
target (for obvious reason).

To do real world test on a real machine, I will need a geode kernel, the
last time I looked into BuC next only a i686 kernel has been build.