Am 26.11.2011 19:40, schrieb Andrew:
> 26.11.2011 20:32, KP Kirchdoerfer пишет:
>> Hi Andrew;
>>
>> You've done an oustanding job; thx very much!
>>
>> I've just updated my machine to ubuntu 11.10 and the pb's I've had (and
>> reported) are gone - it's possible to build the packages again on the
>> host, without the need for an older VM guest, very convenient.
>>
>> I'm currently in the process to release rc1 for 4.1.1, so not much time
>> and cpu ressources to help you yet...
>>
>> My roadmap for Bering-uClibc is to have a release of 4.1.1 early next
>> month and a 4.2 version with a reviewed kernel (see trac ticket #46)
>> early next year.
>>
>> But hopefully enough time to build and test BuC next during that changes.
>>
>> Am 26.11.2011 18:37, schrieb Andrew:
>>> Hi all.
>>> I almost finished packages revision; it seems to be built OK except
>>> gnupg (I just didn't ported it), dhcpd (I spent much time for it but I
>>> can't force it to be built), libecap (it is needed somewhere?), and I
>>> commented some packages that are unneeded/obsolete.
>> gnupg is needed, if we add signed packages, so no pb yet, libecap can
>> used if we want to enhance squid, but today it is not used.
>>

>>> Now it should be built OK, and I need help in testing - for broken
>>> dependencies, new bugs and so on, to be sure that new toolchain is
>>> working OK.
>> Does tools/buildall.sh work today?
>> The last time I tried it failed, cause it did not find a the buildenv
>> target (for obvious reason).
>>
>> To do real world test on a real machine, I will need a geode kernel, the
>> last time I looked into BuC next only a i686 kernel has been build.
>>
>> kp
>>

> I rebuilding all from scratch now and fixing small errors/default
> options conflicts that I made in scripts.
> I'll finish this today.
>
> gpg isn't a big trouble - I think i'll port all remain packages in
> Monday. Or somebody else will do it faster - if package configure was
> built with recent libtoolize/autoconf (newer than 2006-2007 year
> release), and if it hasn't dirty ugly hacls like dhcpd has, it's a
> trivial task :)

I'm pretty shure the requirements will be met.

> I didn't look at buildall.sh; I'll look on it today.

Haven't looked into it, but I guess if sources.conf is cleaned, it
should work.

What about enabling the 486 and geode kernel again?

Do you plan to test cross-compiling (and if, when)? It is my
understanding that whole work has been done to build the packages for
other processors than x86 - am I wrong?