Hi kp,

no « renaming » branch is not the right thing to do. Also removing integration
branches on the repository is not a good idea :D

It seems there a problem has my local maint branch is now not « attach » to a
remote maint branch (do you remove or change the maint branch) ?

In any case we only do fast-forward for integration branch !!

I have update the Git Workflow guide to explain how to manage the maint branch
after a new release:
http://goo.gl/dAxfQ2

so in our case we need to COPY the old maint branch to another name: maint-4.x
if we want to continue to maintain it or v4.x if the branch will not get
updates:
git branch maint-4.x maint
or
git branch v4.x maint

After that we need to fast forward the maint branch to master so the master
branch become the new maint branch:
git checkout maint
git merge —ff-only master

After that we can work on master like before and tag the new releases.

Sorry for the time to reply but i don’t see your message during christmas
holidays.

Regards,
Yves