Thanks everyone for the help and I will start trying to get things set
up with all of this great information.

The only last thing is that my current LRP installations are the
Eigerstein-Static versions that I have placed onto a small hard disk
on to the router so that I do not have to boot from a floppy.

Which version do I need to get that contains these scripts? Is this
the Eigetstein Beta or the CDROM version that I have heard about?

In any case, I want to also have it boot off of the small MSDOS hard
disk just like my old faithful masquarading firewall does so I presume
that I do not need any special re-compiled version, or do I?

Thanks for the help all,
Lonnie

>> Actually I was also interested in only needing 2 ethernet cards
>> as the scripts that I have seen seem to need 3.
>
> If all you want is the Proxy-arp DMZ, just ignore the internal
> network interface.  Of course, if you only have 2 NIC's
> installed, you'll have to change a few things (DMZ is setup for
> eth2 by default, which you don't have).
>
> Off the top of my head:
> Swap instances of eth1 & eth2 in network.conf (ie internal
> network=eth2, DMZ network=eth1)
> Remove eth2 from the IF_AUTO list, so the scripts don't try to
> automatically configure it
> Everything *should* work...
>
> Of course, you'll have some firewall rules masquerading your
> (non-existant) internal network on eth2 to the internet, but the
> rules don't hurt anything (except burning a few CPU cycles, which
> you should have pleanty of, even with a 486).
>
> Holler if you run into trouble with the above changes, or still
> have problems once you've altered the DMZ for eth1.
>
> Charles Steinkuehler
> http://lrp.steinkuehler.net
> http://c0wz.steinkuehler.net (lrp.c0wz.com mirror)

Lonnie Cumberland