You also need to open some other ports to get HL Server to work.

try opening TCP ports 6003 and 7001.  But I don't remember if these are for
the clients or the Server.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark W. Windish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Scott C. Best <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Leaf-user] (no subject)

Scott,

I tried the +ip command and no go...I get a message from the server
"couldn't allocate dedicated server ip port". Now if I just run it without
the +ip command it starts and allocates a server IP address of 192.0.0.0
which is my internal ip. I can connect to the server from my other internal
machines (by pointing to the internal ip of the server) but nobody can
connect from outside of the firewall. When echowall starts is says the the
HLIFE service is started on 192.0.0.0 which is correct. I changed the
echowall conf to allow port 27016 ( and added the command -port 27016 to the
server exe) also so that I can run the server and play from the same machine
if needed (the server will use 27016 while the client uses 27015). This
shows up in my firewall rules so I'm assuming I did it correctly. I know
there is a way to make this work...and I am sure it's all in the HLife
server end. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

Mark