Scott,

I will try the \"firewall check\" tonight since I am at work right now. But, my
mistake...I DID add port 27016 to the Rules, not the Config.
The 192.0.0.0 I stated was an example of an internal IP, the actual IP is
192.168.1.103 for the server which is correctly identified by the firewall. So when
Echowall starts is says \"Service HLIFE started on 192.168.1.103\" or something like
that. I believe the IP is pingable but I\'ll double check later tonight. I am going to
setup a dial up PC also so I can attempt a connection myself, and maybe I\'ll be able
to see something no one else did. Thanks for your help...I\'ll keep you posted.

Mark

\"Scott C. Best\" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mark:

        Okay, so the server allocates the correct IP address,
that\'s a start. Can I ask though: from the LEAF firewall box,
can you ping this 192.0.0.0 machine successfully? Perhaps you
just meant that IP address as an example, but perhaps not.

        Also, importantly, type this after you try to connect
to your server and fail: \"tail /var/log/syslog\". The firewall
*should* be logging any packets that are not getting passed
on to your game-server properly. Sure, they\'ll be other noise
in those logs (CodeRed remnants, for instance), but every time
you try to connect and fail, a repeatable patch of packet logs
should be created. If you could email those along, that\'d help.

        Lastly...don\'t add 27016 into echowall.conf. Rather,
add it into echowall.rules. Open that file for edit, scroll
down to the HLIFE section, and copy the 2 lines that have
27015 in them, and repeat them using 27016. So the new lines
would look like:

#HLIFE#$IPCHAINS -A input -s 0.0.0.0/0 -d $IP_EXT/32 27016 -p udp -j ACCEPT
#HLIFE#$IPMASQADM portfw -a -P udp -L $IP_EXT 27016 -R $HLIFE_HOST 27016

        Try those, try the \"firewall check\", and keep me
posted. Getting close!

-Scott