On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Mart Kempen wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> Finally everything setup correctly. Also put a dedicated computer in the
> room.
>
> I use the Dachstein Image, just with normal installation config, dynamic IP
> DHCP connected to @home.
>
> I looked at the 'router status' with my browser at address: 192.168.1.254
> pretty cool to look at.
>
> One thing: there are 3 traffic lights that give my status, Memory and
> Ramdisk are Green but my Firewall is giving Red. When I click on it i get
> the following message:
>
> :: Firewall Status ::
> Tue Nov 13 20:26:18 UTC 2001
>
> firewall Firewall Status: error
>
> You have 609 denied or rejected packets in your recent packet logs.
>
> See the messages log files for details

Follow the instructions:

myrouter# more /var/log/messages

> I have it running only for 10 minutes or so, at the number keeps growing, is
> there something wrong with my settings, and will it make my logfiles really
> big?
>
> Don't want to reset it everytime...
>
> Any suggestion if this could cause any troubles?

This can definitely cause troubles, and you need to find out what is
happening.  Either the packets are okay, and you need to alter the
firewall rules to not log those packets, or your configuration is wrong
and you need to fix it, or someone is attacking your system (seems
unlikely for a new box).

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing