Etienne Charlier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did you make sure the module pci-scan was loaded BEFORE the tulip driver ?
>
> Regards
> Etienne

I agree here with the pci-scan loading before the nic module(s)
and that Dachstein is the simplest and most surefire release to get
you up an running with little effort.  There are two major things to setup:

  1)   # echo 'export EDITOR=e3vi' >> /etc/profile
       # exit
       and login again so that you can use vi.

  2)  use lrcfg to edit your Packages, then Modules
      so that it edits your  /etc/modules.conf .
      You are trying to uncomment the pci-scan
      line and the line for your nic module.  Others
      say that's tulip.  I don't know.  The one I needed
      for my friends SMC PCI card wasn't even on
      Dachstein, so I had to grab a copy off the kernel
      gzip archive and put epic100.o in  /lib/modules/
      and epic100 in my modules.conf.

  3)  I guess there's a third thing, you have to set root's
      password, backup etc and modules, and reboot.

I think that this corrects the "No Subnet Declaration" error
because eth0 and eth1 will be found.

Dachstein worked flawlessly for my friends @Home^H^H^H^H^H attbi.net
dhcp account.

Regards,