"Dr. Richard W. Tibbs" wrote:

> I had the same problem (t:t:t:t:) at the boot prompt with the latest
> oxygen release
> A serial port (actually two) are certainly present on the Gateway --
> so no serial port present shouldn't be the issue,
> unless having two of them causes no serial port to be spec'd.
> I will try the development version if you think that will help, David.

The t:t:t:t: prompt is a problem with that version of SYSLINUX.  The
best thing to do is to go into the syslinux.cfg file on the disk, and
then comment the sections that deal with the serial console.  That would
be a line that started with "serial"; also delete things at the end of
the lines that say "console=/dev/ttyS0" or something like that.

That should help - especially the first.

However, this doesn't help with problems after you've loaded the
system...