Greetings, all:

Creating a Firewall Using Eigerstein2BETA
    I've received an e-mail or two, so (now that I
have something resembling an Internet connection) I'll
respond here. For those who have noticed that the
"Creating a Firewall Using Eigerstein2BETA" book is no
longer available, all apologies. I am a casualty of
the AT&T @Home/Excite fiasco. Once it appears as if
they have gotten it together, and I can upload pages
to their web server, It will be back. In the mean
time, I have been working on a similar document for
Dachstein. It should be up in the next few months. (I
admit, I took some time off to study for the LPI Level
1 certification exam 101, and will begin studying for
the 102 exam this week.) When I get the Eigerstein doc
back online, I'll post it in the announcements list.

Dachstein CD
    So I figure, hey - AT&T isn't handing out static
IPs any more, and I'm having trouble getting Eiger
configured for dynamic addressing - so, why not. So I
download Dachstein, fight with a hardware problem for
an hour or so, and 45 minutes later, I'm back in
business with a home firewall solution! Very cool!
Charles' hard work has paid off on this one.

Tschuss!