hi charles,

i was under the (wrong) impression that cd:/lib/modules should aleady be
mounted when the system boots.  i didn't realize that all this is taken
care of during the booting process.  victor and greg pointed this out to
me.

the *other* problem was that /etc/modules didn't get backed up when i
backed up etc.lrp.  it took me awhile to figure this out.  it gets
backed up with modules.lrp.   this was good old trial and error.

right now my system boots correctly, and the nics are "almost"
configured.  when the system boots, i can configure them by hand.  i
just need to go through all options and start making the final changes
and i think i'll have a working system.

pete

begin Charles Steinkuehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > reading the comments in /etc/modules, it looks like cdrom:/lib/modules
> > is supposed to be mounted on /lib/modules in the ramdisk.
> >
> > that's not happening.  as a result, none of the modules i specify in
> > /etc/modules are loading.
> >
> > can someone help me out here?  with the /dev/cdrom improvements of
> > 1.0.2, it seems like this sort of thing should be working "out of the
> > box" rather than try to hack it to work.
>
> Exactly what does your /etc/modules file look like?  All you should have to
> do is uncomment the appropritae NIC drivers...no other changes should be
> necessary.
>
> Are the masquerade helper modules loading?  What is the output of "lsmod"?
>
> Charles Steinkuehler
> http://lrp.steinkuehler.net
> http://c0wz.steinkuehler.net (lrp.c0wz.com mirror)

PGP Public Key:  finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]