On 1/4/02 at 1:52 AM, guitarlynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 04 January 2002 00:14, you wrote:

> > ash does practically everything one could want, except
> > vi-mode editing and tab-completion...
>
> It's about all I need, I've always preferred ae to vi. It
> seems hard to find it on a commercial distro unless you
> compile it, maybe that's why I spend more time with LFS
> than anything commercial anymore.

I thought both Red Hat and Debian came with ash as part of the system?

> I'm about to setup a lrp-slink sandbox, it would be nice
> to find a source tree for any of the recent lrp distro's
> (maybe I'll find it on the Resource cd that's been sitting
> here for a month or so).

The LRP Resource CDROM contains source code to every binary that is in
the Oxygen distribution.  In particular, the basic packages are in
src/base/* and includes things like iproute2, ash, ee, busybox, etc.

You might want to note that ash is now incorporated into busybox for
about the last two versions or so - makes it much easier as ash had
splintered into many divergent versions, not to mention that the
official ash distribution did NOT use GNU make... it used something
odd and strange.
--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator