On Wed, 09 January 2002, "Joris Kempen" wrote:
> But now I have some questions:
>
> - I use MSN quit a lot because all my friends do (I prefer IRC), and you can
> send/receive files using MSN.
>
> I can receive the files people sent to me, but I'm not able to sent my own
> files to other peoples. What do I need to change to make this work?

You will need to look at the readme file for MSN, you want to find out what ports it
wants open on the firewall.  Alternatively, you 'MAY' be able to send using a SOCKs
proxy (tho, I have never used one) that you would have to setup on you Dachenstein
system.

> - I also want to do some gameplaying over the internet, especially Age of
> Empires II for Windoze, but I am not able to join or host any games.
>
> When I join a game I get "unable to join game" and when I host a game, i get
> as IP my local ip address 192.168.1.1 etc.
>
> Is it possible to make this game work from behind my firewall? Just want to
> play head2head to someone I know.
Again, this is a ports issue, you will need to find out which ports the game needs
open and then open them on the firewall.

> How about other games, am I getting the same problems with my firewall????
>
> Can I reconfigure it?
Yes.

> BTW I use Dachstein disk-image
>
> Gr Joris