ok i found the port for this one..

> Again, this is a ports issue, you will need to find out which
> ports the game needs open and then open them on the firewall.

also found the port for this one

how do i easily open ports in the dachstein router?

I looked at Charles page and found that I need to edit network.conf

can this been done from the menu interface.. i guess it can. I think i have
to hookup my monitor & keyboard again :)

Can't this been done from one of the client machines??? I read a piece of
text of using a serial cable to access the router box, can't it been done
using my utp&hub?

last thing: to host my own games, i always get the ip-address of my
localmachine 192.168.1.1 but other people on the internet can't use this IP
i guess? This is for local networks only, that's what I learned at school :)

is opening the ports enough for this? what ip-address do people see when
they ping me, for example from IRC? or can't they ping me?

other thing: i want to read more about (linux)-firewalls, where to start,
any documents? I read a book internet for school that included a chapter
about firewalls, but really basic.

i want to get more into linux & firewalls.

thanks for any advice

gr Joris