>I think I could do with a bit more documentation on what all the different
>flavours of files in /var/lib/lrpkg mean (e.g. .list, .conf, .local)
>I know what .local does, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Hi,
The files in /var/lib/lrpkg can take the following extensions.

.list list of of files to back up in full backup or in a partial
backup if there is no .local

.local list of files to backup in a partial backup. items are
prepended with a 'I '

.help the text that is shown when one chooses the help menu from
lrcfg. Also the first line shows up in lrpkg -l and in the web page
under System  Details

.version the version of the package shows up in lrpkg -l and in the
web page under System Details.

.conf is a list of files to be referenced by lrcfg under Package
Settings -> <package>. It is a  list of pathname title pairs. where
the title is the text you see in the menu of lrcfg
<pathname> <title>

.exclude.list a list of files to exclude.

.bktype holds the backup type info so this will be remembered at next
backup. (this is created by lrcfg, I think)

backdisk holds information about what packages are loaded. One
shouldn't have to edit this unless you are creating a package.

root has a few other extensions that I haven't had to deal with but
these are the ones that I have had to use when creating lrp packages.

Also see Charles' article at
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=1460&group_id=13751

Robert Williams