> I have a Dlink 530TX in another linux box, and I get the driver message as
> well, but I don't get lockups. The message appears, and everything else is
> fine. That one is running Redhat.

The " Something Wicked Happed!" error is a catch all report.  Doesn't say
what the cause is, in any case its not a good sign.  I'm looking for good
performer/stable NIC.  Not something thats good 95% of the time.  I even
have a second machine in place to take over the router functions when
maintenance is needed or if something happens to the first machine, that way
there is as little downtime as possible.

I'm looking into the Dlink 570TX. Looks nice, most of the propaganda is
devoted to WinNT, does anyone know if Linux can take advantage of using all
four ports to make 800Mbps.  This would be killer on my file server.

Scott