Greg:

        Heya. I know how you feel about being reluctant to touch
your firewall now that it's running. Fortunately...it's not as
bad as you might remember -- I had to get Dachstein up and running
so that I could get echoWall debugged on it. Since Charles did
both distro's, they look&feel very similar.
        Just start with the /etc/modules file, make the new one
look like your old one where the interfaces are concerned. Then
touch up the network.conf file, make it look like your old one,
also in regards to interface definition.

        Backup, reboot, and you'll be a lot closer than you
think. :)

-Scott