> I want dial-on-demand during non-business hours, but I also
> want the link
> always up during business hours.  I understand that pppd can now do on
> demand dialing, but will it also do a scheduled link?  With
> diald I can
> force the link up in the morning during the week and then let
> it go back to
> on-demand at the end of the business day.

No, sorry, that is indeed the sort of thing diald is designed to do,
although I suppose you could design cron jobs to do the same thing.

> Is this also possible in pppd?
>
> BTW, I also figured out that the configuration files from
> pppd.lrp were
> conflicting with the configuration files from diald.  When I
> extracted only
> chat and pppd from the pppd.lrp file and then added them to the diald
> package, everything started working.

That was my experience, that dial-on-demand versions of ppp didn't play
well with diald. When you are done, could you post a short writeup on
what you did to get everything working? This seems to be a FAQ.

> Mark

-Richard