Hi!

I was wondering if anybody else is, like me, having some problem with the gzip/gunzip
commands
provided by the busybox currently used on Dachstein...

I sometimes have problems decompressing (gunzip) files which where packed by gzip
(both being the
busybox ones).

I have had this problem mainly with the psentry.lrp package on my pc but I had it with
more than
one package on one of my friends' pc... On his pc it could have been cause by a flaky
diskette or
diskette drive since we were using 3 1/2 diskette drive but on mine I'm using a
properly terminated
and AFAIK without bad sectors SCSI hard disk (which is, most of the time,
write-protected...)...

I get the following error messages:

gunzip: invalid compressed data--crc error
gunzip: invalid compressed data--length error

But the file is still considered OK by both Winzip & more importantly, the "real"
gunzip running
on a full Linux distribution...

There doesn't seem to be any problem relating to that logged on busybox site...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Nick