Nicolas Riendeau wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody else is, like me, having some problem with the
>gzip/gunzip commands
> provided by the busybox currently used on Dachstein...
>
> I sometimes have problems decompressing (gunzip) files which where packed by gzip
>(both being the
> busybox ones).
>
> I have had this problem mainly with the psentry.lrp package on my pc but I had it
>with more than
> one package on one of my friends' pc... On his pc it could have been cause by a
>flaky diskette or
> diskette drive since we were using 3 1/2 diskette drive but on mine I'm using a
>properly terminated
> and AFAIK without bad sectors SCSI hard disk (which is, most of the time,
>write-protected...)...
>
> I get the following error messages:
>
> gunzip: invalid compressed data--crc error
> gunzip: invalid compressed data--length error
>
> But the file is still considered OK by both Winzip & more importantly, the "real"
>gunzip running
> on a full Linux distribution...
>
> There doesn't seem to be any problem relating to that logged on busybox site...
>
> Any ideas?

I have had my share of g[un]zip and tar problems; but, have eliminated
them entirely by using *only* the processes used by D[CD] itself:

        ctar LIST | gzip > LRP

        gunzip -c LRP | tar -x

Of course, these instances of ctar, gunzip, gzip & tar are always
exactly those included with D[CD].

HTH

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .