> I'm having some problems with my dachstein diskimage firewall.
> It refuses to load, backup etc.
> The error I generally get is: "Segmentation fault".
> Other thing I see quit often is when loading my lrp modules like, etc
> dhclient etc. :
> "unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address"
> I first guess that it was the floppy drive, because it was quit old.
> So I replaced it with a brand new floppy drive.
> I tried setting it up again, but i get the same problems.
> Other guess from me: the memory simms are old/broken etc.
> I moved some simms out of it and tried some others.

You're running out of memory.  Some of your memory may also be bad.

You need at least 12 Megs to run the floppy disk version of Dachstein, and I
suggest running with 16 Meg.

You can test your memory using a program called "memtest86":
http://www.teresaudio.com/memtest86/

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net