Joris wrote :
> A thing that I find quit weird: every time when I make a fresh disk-image
> with the self-extracting windoze program
>
> the disk completely boots op normal, no problems.
>
> But when I make changes to modules&dhclient and back them up, these problems
> I have start to happen....
>
> This makes me think it has something to do with my floppydisk, but this is
> almost impossible because I bought a fresh new
> one.

> Any other suggestions?

I had also problems especially with new floppy disks as soon as
saved a changes.
Mounting the disk with mount -tmsdos /dev/fd0u1680 /mnt gave me
error messages pointing to wrong mounting suggesting the disk
was a 1440 not a 1680 formatted.
This occured especially with new disks.
Can it be that the preformatted disks have a rest of their
"preformatted " structure still in their magnetism.
I formatted the disk several time with fdformat /dev/fd0u1680 and
wrote the image again.
After that the problems dissapeared.

Greetings Eric Wolzak

http://leaf.sf.net/devel/ericw