Hello,

I need some help working with LRP.

I have the Eigerstein pppoe version beta 0.4
running on an old Pentium box as my router.
Internet connection is a dynamic IP via ADSL from Earthlink.

(I want static IP, but Earthlink tells me,
"Static IP has been used up in your area.
Call Verizon for further info." !!)

I use Roaring Penguin's adsl-start script family
to manage the ADSL connection.

Everything has worked fine for nearly a year
as far as the ADSL connection goes.

Eight months ago I configured the newtwork
to accept incoming ssh and www packets and
forward them to a Linux box on the network,
using the info from
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/files/packages/network.txt

This worked fine.

Then I wanted to get a domain name I could use
to address my web server from the outside.
I use the dynamic DNS service at
http://www.dyndns.org
to do this.

In order for the domain name to dynamic IP adddress mapping
to be updated automatically when Earthlink changes
my dynamic IP (which it does frequently), I use Paul Burry's
ddclient program, http://clients.dyndns.org/unix.php .

This works fine to update the new IP with dyndns.org.

The current problem I have is this:
When Earthlink updates the dynamic IP,
the LRP box does not update the port forwarding
"from" address with the new dynamic IP.
So the web and ssh servers are no longer accessible
from the outside.

If I reboot the LRP box, everything is fine,
but that is a manual process, and naturally
I want it to be automatic.

I know what the LRP commands are to update the
"from" IP for port forwarding:

# Get new dynamic IP
EXT_IP=`/sbin/ip addr show dev ppp0 | grep inet | cut -f2 -d' '`

# Clear old port fwd entries
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -f

# Add entries with new dynamic IP
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -n -a -P tcp -L <dynamic_ip> 22 192.168.1.200 22
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -n -a -P tcp -L <dynamic_ip> 80 192.168.1.200 80

The LRP box does not have crontab, ssh, or telnet on it,
so I seemingly can't run a cron job or
update it from the internal Linux box.

I tried to add these commands to the Roaring Penguin adsl-connect
script that runs when Earthlink changes the dynamic IP,
but it didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas how I can do this?

Is it possible that IP masq is not really what I should be using?
I am not even sure what it is, I think it was on
by default in the LRP distribution, and since it
worked I didn't fool with it.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

=====