I noticed two entries for sshd in the back up menu of LRCFG.  I changed the
first entry's backup destination back to /dev/cdrom leaving the other entry
pointing to the dev/fd0u1680 as its backup destination.  Upon rebooting, sshd
loaded correctly and now I am able to ssh in from my Windoze machine!

I did not have to add an entry in the hosts.allow file as Guitarlynn
suggested.  I did not regenerate the keys- I merely used the ones that were
originally generated.  This means that root.lrp does not have to be backed up
after the keys are generated- only the local configuration file of the
sshd.lrp.

Now that I have conquered the ssh thing (hurrah for this newb!), on to the
silent_deny issue!  Which will be in the next post from me!

~Doug