Hello LEAF List,

I have been keeping up with all of the lists for quite some time and have
been doing a considerable amount of research on the LEAF site, yet I am
either not finding what I am looking for or I am still shamelessly confused.
First, I will detail what I am trying to accomplish then I will attempt to
list my questions in some semblance of order. I am still a, relatively, new
user of Linux. Your patience is appreciated...

Below is the foundation that I need for my project:

2.4.x kernel
iproute2
iptables
ipv4 and ipv6
gnu zebra
openssh
frees/wan

On with the questions...

1) Is their currently a LEAF distro using the 2.4.x kernel and glibc 2.1.3?

2) I was looking at Bering until I realized that it was using glibc 2.0.x
and then I found that it also did not have all of the kernel features that I
wanted. I have not been able to find the page with that information again.
Could someone provide me with a pointer to that page?

3) If their is a distro that I want to use but want to replace the kernel
with my own is it as simple as compile kernel, apply patches, copy to disk
as "linux"?

4) David Douthitt had stated that the LRP patches were no longer needed in
some situations. It was my understanding that they were what made LRP what
it was and were the foundation of LEAF. If someone could explain this I
would greatly appreciate it.

5) Does the version of glibc on your machine have an affect when compiling
the kernel?

6) I have a computer that I have set aside as a development station. In the
"Developing for LRP" How-To, Debian Slink was recommended, however, I have
been unsuccessful in finding it. Also recommended was Red Hat 6.0. Are all
of the Red Hat 6.x versions able to be used for my purposes (glibc 2.1.3) or
is their a particular one that I should use (6.0 versus 6.2)?

I guess that is probably enough for now. I am sure that I will have more
later.

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Eric Kiser