due to the one-way nature of the ipforwarding rules, you cannot take
advantage of the portforwarding your firewall does... i.e. htting
http://external.ip:8888 will not show you what you see when you go to
http://192.168.1.10:8888 ... to test your firewall rules, you need a net
connection that isn't behind your firewall.  or what i do, since my
discussion board gets twitchy whenever you try to view it from anything
other than the domain name, is i run an internal dns server, and map
complex.wox.org to 192.168.1.11, my webserver.  the other computers get
dns entries, but those are name.complex.wox.org ... it's more of a
workaround than a fix, but eh, what can ya do? :]  having an internal
dns server is helpful anyway... keeps you from having to type in ip's or
update hosts files every time a computer gets added.
 -david