Thank you guys for the feedbacks. LaBrea works the way you all described. Normal
port-scan will be done quickly, but a more meaningfull scaning (as browser IE or lynx
on http://24.x.x.x:27 will run and wait forever. The log shows that LaBrea is
tarpiting too. So I think it is time for me now to install LaBrea officially (saving
config, creating the script etc).

Still I have a couple of questions/concerns:

1- Why the number 80000 in -p 80000. From the man page, LaBrea will ensure that the
router would use the max bandwidth up to 80K/sec, but is that still too much? Why not
20K or 10K per second? Or maybe because as Simon explained, LaBrea only talks back the
1st time, "I am open", and then does not send anything else.

2- The scanner will send data to the router forever, does that then have any bad
impact on the bandwidth of the router. Is the man-page (-p ... First of all, this
forces data throttling to 5 bytes (see the "-t" option above) referring to this issue?

P.S. Here is the output from running nmap against port 27

[root@rogers mlu]# nmap -p 27 -O 24.x.x.x

Starting nmap V. 2.53 by [EMAIL PROTECTED] ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on 24.x.x.x):
Port       State       Service
27/tcp     open        nsw-fe

TCP Sequence Prediction: Class=truly random
                         Difficulty=9999999 (Good luck!)
No OS matches for host (If you know what OS is running on it, see
http://www.insecure.org/cgi-bin/nmap-submit.cgi).
TCP/IP fingerprint:
TSeq(Class=TR)
T1(Resp=Y%DF=N%W=5%ACK=S++%Flags=AS%Ops=)
T2(Resp=N)
T3(Resp=Y%DF=N%W=5%ACK=S++%Flags=AS%Ops=)
T4(Resp=N)
T5(Resp=Y%DF=N%W=0%ACK=S++%Flags=AR%Ops=)
T6(Resp=Y%DF=N%W=0%ACK=O%Flags=R%Ops=)
T7(Resp=Y%DF=N%W=0%ACK=S%Flags=AR%Ops=)
PU(Resp=N)
PU(Resp=Y%DF=N%TOS=C0%IPLEN=164%RIPTL=148%RID=E%RIPCK=E%UCK=F%ULEN=134%DAT=E)

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 15 seconds