guitarlynn wrote:
> On Monday 04 March 2002 15:27, Matt Schalit wrote:
>
>>Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>>[snip]
>>

>>>To see your port-forwards, run "net ipfilter list"
>>>
>>I guess 'net' is a DF command.  Would you post it's usage?

> It's shorthand for "network" ... the init script.
> Like:
>       svi net ipfilter list
>
> I've covered a lot of this in (sorted by release too!):
> http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=9267&group_id=13751

Nice 1.  Maybe I should read the FAQ's before posting :)
But would you please fix the Oxygen section to refer to
          apkg -s sshd
for safe backing up of packages (with space checking).
That's the way we do it on the Ox.  Maybe leave out the
apkg -c stuff or put it last.  It's messy and not used.
People don't do full backups either.  That's not really
necessary.  Mostly is just apkg -s etc, or apkg -s <somepkg>.

Also,
    apkg -i /tmp/sshd
is another way to install a package, in addition to copying
it to the diskette and rebooting.  (or apkg -i /mnt/sshd).

I think it'd be good to mention   apkg -h (for help),
or to just include the output of it:
# apkg -h
Usage:
apkg [ -i | -v | -l | -k | -q | -x | -f ] <pkg1> ... <pkgN>
apkg -r <pkg>
apkg -c <pkg> [ <dir> ]
apkg -u <device>

    -i: install package
    -f: fold package into main system
    -c: create package
    -b: backup package
    -a: backup all packages but logs (logs.lrp) and base (root.lrp)
    -e: backup all packages (including logs) - EVERYTHING
    -r: remove package
    -l: list installed packages
    -n: backup configuration files (conf.lrp)
    -q: query if package installed
    -s: safe backup (with space checking)
    -k: contents of package file
    -v: verify package
    -x: extract contents of package to current directory
    -p: pack up package relative to current directory
    -u: update specified disk
    -h: this help screen

In almost every case, the ".lrp" extension is optional.
In fact, if it isn't so, it's a bug :-)

acfg is the package configuration program.
acfg -i gets you the GUI menu version where you can choose
    the package you want to configure, like sshd, and it will
    walk you through all the sshd configuration files.
acfg -e sshd is the command line equivalent that doesn't use
    the GUI menus.

acfg -h gets you usage:
=====================================
# acfg
usage: acfg -e <pkg> ....edit package configuration files
        acfg -a       ....edit ALL package configuration files
        acfg -h       ....this help
        acfg -i       ....interactive use
        acfg -l       ....list packages with configuration available
=====================================

The unfinished sections:
  Other commands:

     * # kernel 2.2.20 w/ipchains
He uses 2.2.19 as the most recent, or 2.4.6.
He does not include ipchains by default on the
base diskette.

     * # editor "e3" in vi-mode
Run these commands:
       echo EDITOR=e3vi >> /etc/profile
       echo export EDITOR >> /etc/profile
       apkg -s etc
       . /etc/profile
Also note that elvis.lrp is available, which has a much
better vi implementation!

     * # Firewall/Filtering is not on the stock (default) image.
You might note that ipchains isn't on the default image either
and that David has always recommended starting with two diskettes
at first.  The base and a package disk of your choice or your own
creation.  My package disk has the following on it:

dialog.lrp
dnscache.lrp
elvis.lrp
file.lrp
ifconf.lrp
ipchains.lrp
ldd.lrp
libm.lrp
libnsl.lrp
libpcap.lrp
libpthrd.lrp
librdln3.lrp
libtcap.lrp
libz.lrp
ncurses4.lrp
netstat.lrp
pfw.lrp
snarf.lrp
ssh.lrp
sshd.lrp
tinydns.lrp

though all of those libraries may not be needed any more.
Some of them were for gdb debugging.

Sorry about these long posts.
Matt