Good Morning,

I am resending a message that got no response the last time, I would
appreciate any input anyone might have.

I am going to try and impliment this on Sunday.

Thanks in advance

Tony

====================================

Good Evening,

I would like to build on this DMZ discussion and combine it with a post that
Matt had a few days ago.
My situation is that I am going to impliment a DMZ with the private switch,
and have a second firewall (MS ISA server) between the DMZ and internal
network.

Here is a lame pic of what I want to do:

Internet

 |eth0 (IP assigned from RR)
LRP Box
 | |
 | |eth1(192.168.1.2)
 | |
 | |_____ 192.168.1.0/24 DMZ

 eth2 (192.168.1.3)

192.168.1.1 ISA ext. nic
192.168.0.1 ISA int. network

Internal network (192.168.0.0/24)

OK, now what I was thinking was, that the eth1 and eth2 would be on the same
subnet.  This way, updating the web server from the internal network would
be fairly easy, because the internal nets default gateway is the ISA server,
and the external nic on the ISA server has a default gateway of the LRP box.
Same with the DMZ box.  Assuming they penetrate the LRP box and hack the DMZ
server, they are still removed from the internal net by the ISA server.

I want to allow the DMZ box access to a Access database on the internal
network (read only) and the DMZ box also needs access to relay SMTP messages
to an internal Exchange box.  The DMZ box is a W2K server running IIS and
SMTP w/ ISA's message screener.  (Everything is patched :-)

Anyway, what do you all think?  Any flaws you can see in this plan?

I appreciate all the feedback you can give

Thanks

Tony