On Friday 08 March 2002 06:25, Tony wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I am resending a message that got no response the last time, I would
> appreciate any input anyone might have.

I apologize! Unfortunately, it won't work with eth1 and eth2 (or any
routed subnets on the same subnet). In other words, to NAT and access
each other, the NICs must be on different subnets to allow routing.
The diagram implies addressing that would not be possible to route
on _any_ router.

What _might_ work, is running the ISA firewall as a seperate link itself
inbetween the DMZ and the internal subnet. This would assume a standard
 addressing scheme for the internal net and DMZ (ie... 192.168.1.x for
internal and 192.168.2.x for DMZ). I can't honestly tell you how well
this would work, or imply that it is very secure, but in the past some
people have been known to get this functional.

I'm assuming that your using Dachstein, since your basing some of
this post from one of Charles' post. This brings another "gotcha" into
the picture. If you plan on changing the internal net addressing from
192.168.1.0, you will have to change every LAN capable service by
hand to reflect this. These services include dhcpd, dnscache, weblet,
and possibly others. I think the default install requires changes in
seven places, so be aware.

I hope this helps!
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!