Support Requests item #523277, was opened at 2002-02-27 00:08
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=213751&aid=523277&group_id=13751

Category: Release/Branch: Dachstein
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm running the Dachstein LRP on a pentium 133 box
with  3com and Network Anywhere network cards, and am
connected to the internet via DSL.  The router works
great, but I am now trying to forward port 80 for www
over to a Mandrake 8.1 box running Apache (don't be
fooled, I'm a Linux newbie).  I've determined so far
that the ipmasqadm portfw command has to be used
instead of the old ipportfw.  I'm relatively certain
that I've got the usage of that correct, and it seems
to think that it is forwarding the appropriate ports
and IPs (and I've tried every possible iteration of
the command and IPs).  I've also done some minor
things like move the weblet to port 8000 so it isn't
in the way. I've been at this on and off for a few
weeks so I can't recall every last thing I've done,
but I've looked through the documentation I could find
and still don't have it working.  Basically when you
try to connect to the website from outside it acts
like it is opening the page then suddenly jumps to a
page not found message, which indicates it is not
actually forwarding the port. I'm still not sure
exactly how/where to include the port forwarding in
the modules so that it does that on startup. If
anybody has some advice or some documentation that I
haven't found I would really appreciate it!