Brian -

Since VNC has little in the way of security, one option you might want to
consider running SSH on the LEAF machine and tunneling your VNC connections
through an SSH session.  On my network, I use that method and it works
pretty well and allows me to reach any of the machines on my internal
network.

Once you have SSH running and configured, you can use TeraTerm with the SSH
extensions to establish the session using a set of mappings between local
ports (on your client machine) and the remote machines (on your network).
You can set these up in TeraTerm under the Setup -> SSH Forwarding menu.

Then you just open VNC with "localhost:5902" (where 5902 is the forwarded
port to the machine to which you would like to attach).

Alternately, you could use another encryption method (like IPSec,
f'rinstance) that terminates on your firewall and that would have the same
effect of giving you access to any machine on your internal network.

I personally would be a little nervous about opening VNC ports to the
outside world even if you chose random port numbers.

regards,

paul

Paul M. Wright, Jr.
McKay Technologies