It's just that my system is ready with the two floppies and I would like
to generate a CD. But I'm not in hurry...

You might take a look at the Dachstein CD, to "see how it's done".  I
suggest using CD-RW disks until you get something close to working, unless
you like having lots of coasters!

You will need to add the IDE, CD-ROM, and ISO-FS modules to your root
ramdisk image, and get linuxrc to load them before it tries to install
pacakges.  There are hooks for this in the Dachstein init scripts, but I'm
not sure if these are still there in bering (I really need to find time to
get a bering system up & running).

You should start by trying to make a bootable floppy disk that can load
packages from the CD-ROM disk.  The CD-ROM boots by using a floppy disk
image, so once you get your system booting with a floppy & CD setup, you can
burn a bootable CD using your floppy as a boot image.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net