Stephen Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that rdate from Bering does not seem to accept the "-u" switch
> for time requests using UDP. I suspect many of the RFC868 rdate servers
> are only accepting UDP requests because under RedHat7.2 I needed the
> "-u" switch to get a response for most of the servers tried. It appears
> that the Bering rdate version is from Busybox and so is there a way to
> get UDP queries from it?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen

I think tock.usno.navy.mil still accepts rdate queries.
You might try there.

As far as your UDP question goes, I'm not sure, but
people like to use xntpd for setting the time via
the internet because it's the standard service for
that sort of thing and is well regarded.

rdate is old and a part of busybox I think.

Regards,
Matthew