On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 09:10, Brock Nanson wrote:
> If you change the transceiver type (? -this is from memory) or at least
> enter the option for TP vs AUI, when you exit there will be another
> option at the bottom of the list.  It showed as being a toggle for full
> or half duplex.  As these cards have always been half duplex, I was
> overjoyed(!) at this development and tried this option.  But, when I
> changed this toggle the option switched from 'duplex' to 'plug and
> play'!!  I have no idea whether it actually does anything useful, but
> there you go.
>
> Has anyone seen a method (or know if the card supports it) to allow full
> duplex operation on the 509's?

Brock,
If my memory serves me correctly, 3Com sold two versions of the 509. One
of them was capable of full-duplex. At the time it cost almost double
the half-duplex version. I don't think there are many of the full-duplex
NICs out there.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/