Charles,

Could you give me the web address to find that image? I looked under
contributed images but no go.

Thanks,

Jason Massey

"Charles Steinkuehler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
04/12/2002 11:35 AM

        To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Leaf-user] DUCKLING 1.0

> I am building a floppy based VPN based on the Dachstein Floppy. I have
> posted some questions about it, as I am having some config issues. I
> really want to make this work for my own education more than anything
> else. I also was going to install the DUCKLING LEAF image to compare
> settings. (Not wanting to really use it.) However I could not make the
> disk from the windows exe files provided. Not a problem as I used my
Linux
> box. But I was wondering if the exe files work under W2K. I notice the
> files are named ...9x... so maybe not.  Anyway, not important, just
> curious.

AFAIK, Windows NT/2K (and maybe XP?) cannot talk to floppy disks with more
than 80 tracks (ie the 1720K format used by DUCLING).  This is possible,
however, on Windows 95/98/ME (and maybe XP?).

You might also want to check out some of the LEAF disk images available on
the website...IIRC, someone made a single-floppy Dachstien equivlent to
DUCLING...with the smaller Dachstein kernel & root ramdisk, everything
fits
on a 1680K disk, rather than the previously required 1720K.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net