Hi,

> Aanhalen Przemyslaw Rudy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> I don't think bering has builtin support for ide so booting might be a
> problem. Unless /boot/lib/modules can help. But if I am not mistaken that

/boot/lib/modules is stored in initrd.lrp so the modules there are loaded
from the
boot device by syslinux.
So when linuxrc is run, the modules are loaded and the packages located on
the
HD can be loaded if the parameters on the syslinux.cfg are correctly set.

you need

ide-mod.o
ide-disk.o
ide-probe-mod.o

and for cd
ide-cd.o
isofs.o
in /boot/lib/modules

and
boot=/dev/hda1,msdos PKGPATH=/dev/hda1
in syslinux.cfg (hda1 to be changed according to your setup)

the easiest is to prepare a standard bering floppy (bad summary from the
lrpharddisk howtp...)

- boot it
- copy the modules in /boot/lib/modules
- backup initrd

- boot with a dos floppy
- fdsik/format your partition
- use syslinux to install the boot loader ( don't forget the lock command
before syslinux)
copy all files from your bering floppy to the hd
edit syslinux.cfg ( see above)

remove the floppy...
reboot