On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:04:14 +0200 (CEST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Aanhalen Przemyslaw Rudy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> I don't think bering has builtin support for ide so booting might be a
> problem. Unless /boot/lib/modules can help. But if I am not mistaken
> that won't allow you to put lrp packages on that disk since those
> modules are loaded after unpacking the lrp packages. Could be just
> mumbling here though.

This is the Makefile I use for making a Bering floppy img bootable on
compact flash (ignore the steps for serial boot messages if you don't need
them):

********* Makefile inline *********

#
# Makefile to build new soekris image from bering floppy image
#   *****THIS WILL DESTROY WHATEVER IS ON YOUR CF CARD*****
#   Instructions:  put this Makefile and a bering floppy image in a "scratch"
#   directory.  Get the modules you want to load before packagesChange the following
vars to reflect your system:
#       BERING_IMAGE - the name of the floppy image
#       CF_DEV - the device name or your compact flash drive
#       BERING_BOOT_MOD_DIR - relative path to modules needed for package load
#               (for soekris, serial, ide-mod, ide-probe-mod, ide-disk)
#       BERING_OTHER_MOD_DIR - relative path to other modules you want to load
#               (for soekris, natsemi)
#

BERING_IMAGE=Bering_1.0-rc2_img_bering_1680_last.bin
CF_DEV=/dev/hde1
BERING_BOOT_MOD_DIR=bootmods
BERING_OTHER_MOD_DIR=othermods

.DUMMY:
        bering

bering:
        # make mountpoint and mount floppy image
        mkdir -p mnt
        mount -t msdos $(BERING_IMAGE) mnt -o loop

        # make mountpoint, format fs and mount cf
        mkdir -p cf
        mkdosfs $(CF_DEV)
        mount -t msdos $(CF_DEV) cf

        # copy all the files from the floppy image to the cf
        cp mnt/* cf/

        # umount the filesystems
        umount mnt
        umount cf

        # run syslinux to make them bootable
        syslinux $(CF_DEV)

        # remount the cf so me can muck with it
        mount -t msdos $(CF_DEV) cf

        # get packages from hda1 and send messages to serial console
        # remove syslinux.dpy banner; it messes up serial console
        sed -e 's/fd0u1680/hda1/g' cf/syslinux.cfg > cf/syslinux.tmp
        grep -v syslinux.dpy cf/syslinux.tmp > cf/syslinux.cfg
        echo append console=ttyS0,19200 >> cf/syslinux.cfg
        rm cf/syslinux.dpy

        # modify etc.lrp to allow serial console login from root
        mkdir -p scratch
        tar xzf cf/etc.lrp -C scratch
        sed -e 's/^\([12]:\)/#\1/g' \
            -e 's/^#T1\(.*\)ttyS1/T0\1ttyS0/' scratch/etc/inittab \
            > scratch/etc/inittab.tmp
        mv scratch/etc/inittab.tmp scratch/etc/inittab
        sed -e '/^tty[0-9]/d' scratch/etc/securetty > scratch/etc/securetty.tmp
        echo ttyS0 >> scratch/etc/securetty.tmp
        mv scratch/etc/securetty.tmp scratch/etc/securetty
        tar czf cf/etc.lrp -C scratch `ls scratch`

        # get boot modules into initrd.lrp
        gunzip -S .lrp cf/initrd.lrp
        mount -t minix cf/initrd mnt -o loop
#       cp $(BERING_BOOT_MOD_DIR)/serial.o        mnt/boot/lib/modules
        cp $(BERING_BOOT_MOD_DIR)/ide-mod.o       mnt/boot/lib/modules
        cp $(BERING_BOOT_MOD_DIR)/ide-disk.o      mnt/boot/lib/modules
        cp $(BERING_BOOT_MOD_DIR)/ide-probe-mod.o mnt/boot/lib/modules
#       echo serial        >> mnt/boot/etc/modules
        echo ide-mod       >> mnt/boot/etc/modules
        echo ide-disk      >> mnt/boot/etc/modules
        echo ide-probe-mod >> mnt/boot/etc/modules
        umount mnt
        gzip -S .lrp cf/initrd

        # unmount cf
        umount cf