On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:17:22 -0400
"Simon Bolduc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't most people log to ram?  Assuming this is the case with bering
> (which it should be as it is a floppy dist) moving over to CF shouldn't
> matter unless Paul decided to log to CF - and leave his CF mounted all
> the time (I don't think this would work - how would he ever back up a
> modification??).

Yes.  This is what I do.  Log to RAM and only back it up you you need to
to do a postmortem.  I would not recommend running from CF.  The unique
thing about LEAF is that boot media is boot media, and the running system
functions the same no matter what type of bitholder you use to get the
stuff into RAM.

Thanks,
Chad Carr