On Wednesday 24 April 2002 09:17, Simon Bolduc wrote:
> Don't most people log to ram?  Assuming this is the case with bering
> (which it should be as it is a floppy dist) moving over to CF
> shouldn't matter unless Paul decided to log to CF - and leave his CF
> mounted all the time (I don't think this would work - how would he
> ever back up a modification??).

He just mentioned this FYI for the few people that change things so
that syslog is not logged to the ramdisk. You are correct in that the
default logging action of Dachstein does not log to the disk itself.
I've had no problems using CF cards myself... I've been using ones
from Walmart (Sandisk).

--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!