At 10:21 3/05/2002, Luis.F.Correia wrote:
>Kim,

I did, it was quite helpful, and was the main raison why I considered
trying it out.
It was written pretty clearly so I thought if it is this simple even I as
an (mct) should be able to do it. :-)
Guess again ;-)

Well I kinda found the problem & fixed although not in the clean and nice
way as I want to fix it.
It will require some more tweaking though.

In the end my problem had nothing to do with the modules (although isofs.o
is still failing during boot).
My problem was that I tried to boot from /dev/cdrom which doesn't exist.
I tried to create it afterwards & backup root & initrd but that didn't help.
I noticed just now that the /dev contents is recreated each time from a
file called
/var/lib/lrpkg/root.dev.mk unfortunately that file is being backed up &
executed from the root.lrp package
which is the first package on /dev/cdrom. Kinda a chicken& egg problem.

I resolved it temporarily by specifying /dev/hdc (which is my actual
cdromdrive) in isolinux.cfg in the boot variable &
in the pkgpath variable.

You might want to change this in your documentation because I think I won't
be the only "bietekwiet" who might make that mistake.

Kim Oppalfens