Well ... you don't tell us very much, and I have to read a bit between the
lines here. So since this is based partly on guesses about what lies behind
veils like "as I would expect them to look", I may be off base. With that
disclaimer ...

... the problem appears to be specific to the wireless link, and it clearly
involves the router itself (not simply the other network) reaching that
network. So focus on that part first ... why can't the router itself ping
the wireless client? Several things suggest themselves to check.

First, *how* does the ping fail? I'm guessing silently (that is, it just
sits there until you interrupt it, then is displays a message that says,
more or less, "X packets transmitted, 0 packets recrived"). If the ping
fails immediately, though, tell us the error message you get, as that is
VERY informative.

Second, after you try and fail to ping the wireless client from the router,
has the TX packet count on the wireless interface increased? The RX packet
count?

Third, after you try and fail to ping the wireless client, is there an
entry in the router's arp table for the relevant IP address ("cat
/proc/net/arp", I think)?

Fourth, fifth, and sixth, what are the corresponding results when you ping
the router from the wireless client?

Fourth, do any of the logs contain any relevant information? If so, and if
you cannot interpret it yourself, post the relevant entries verbatim, please.

In addition to answering the above information, next time please include
the standard disgnostics, to wit ...

         output of "ip addr show"
         output of "netstat -nr"
         output of "ipchains -nvL"
         output of "lsmod" (this is not on the standard list)

... as well as equivalent information for the wireless Windows client.

This so we can see if *we* think "everything looks ok". And please read the
document referenced at the bottom of every list message, the one labeled
SR-FAQ ... it should give you some additional, general help with sending
informative posts.

--