> OK, first dumb question:  where can I find it so I can extract and print
it
> from the package.  The only reference I can find to it is in
> /var/lib/lrpkg/root.pn.links.  But the file itself doesn't appear to be in
> the root.lrp package.
>
> I know I could just copy it from /usr/sbin to /mnt/fd0, but I'm also
> wondering why I'm having such a hard time finding it.

Because it's part of a collection of utilities lumped together in
"POSIXness", which is a bunch of shell-scripts setup to emulate many
familiar unix utilities, as well as provide some functionality specific to
LRP/LEAF, such as "svi".

First, start with the "which" command (you can use "type" if which isn't
supported):

# which svi
/usr/sbin/svi

Then, examine /usr/bin/svi, which turns out to be a link to /bin/POSIXness:

# ls -l /usr/sbin/svi
<snip> /usr/sbin/svi -> /bin/POSIXness

A quick glance at /bin/POSIXness, and you'll see that the svi command is in
the POSIXness.linuxrouter file:

case $prog in
<snip>
        help|lrpkg|mount.boot|mount.back|svi|update-rc.d)
                source $POSIXdir/POSIXness.linuxrouter
                $prog "$@"  ;;
<snip>

Since POSIXdir is set to /lib/POSIXness, the svi command is in
/lib/POSIXness/POSIXness.linuxrouter...take a look at that file, and you'll
see the actual command is defined as:

svi () {        #usr/sbin
        singlefilearg "/etc/init.d/$1"
        /etc/init.d/$@
}

As you can see, there's not a lot too it.  The singlefilearg command is
defined in /bin/POSIXness, and checks to make sure the file /etc/init.d/$1
exists...if it does, the appropriate init.d script is run, with any
arguments to svi passed as parameters to the init.d script (see the [b]ash
man page for details on expansion of $@ ).

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net