On Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:57:06 EDT George Luft wrote:

> OK, first dumb question:  where can I find it so I can extract and print it
> from the package.  The only reference I can find to it is in
> /var/lib/lrpkg/root.pn.links.  But the file itself doesn't appear to be in
> the root.lrp package.
>
> I know I could just copy it from /usr/sbin to /mnt/fd0, but I'm also
> wondering why I'm having such a hard time finding it.

svi() is a function in /lib/POSIXness/POSIXness.linuxrouter
which is in root.lrp:

 svi () {        #usr/sbin
         singlefilearg "/etc/init.d/$1"
         /etc/init.d/$@
 }

IIRC, /var/lib/lrpkg/root.pn.links is used for creating the symlink
from /usr/sbin/svi to /bin/POSIXness.  In Bering, the symlinks are
created from /linuxrc; I'm not sure about Dachstein or LRP variants
offhand.

--Brad