On Wednesday 03 July 2002 21:37, Chad Carr wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:24:11 -0500
>
> "guitarlynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This can be safely ignored and should not affect operation.
>
> Unfortunately, I have found this not to be the case with my
> configuration. I see the above statement on many lists, but a few
> months ago when I was doing heavy experimentation with freeswan, I
> found that I needed to unset rp_filter on the interfaces involved.  I
> cannot tell you the specific circumstances involved at the time, only
> that it was very definitely needed.

I don't think this affected Dachstein. You just dropped spoofing on the
specific interfaces to correct this, right? I'll make a note in my IPsec
HowTo, if you found the change necessary with Bering. It should probably
be made on all releases to be technically correct anyway

Thanks!
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!